Monday, October 28, 2013

Artificial Intelligence and Robotics

1) Robots are programmed to do things that we can do except drink water. It has been tested that water conducts electricity, which means that the water can cause the robot to get electrocuted until it explodes. Just like humans can speak and write, robots can process words in many languages. Robots can even record our database in case humans don't remember an event. 2) I would like to experience riding in a robotic car. According to article,(Driverless Cars Get California License), "Google, along with researchers at the University of Texas in Austin, have also found that autonomous vehicles could significantly reduce carbon emissions and could cut down on fuel dependency." I would feel safer getting in a car that is automatic than a car with a driver because some drivers can lose control and then an accident can occur. I think there would be less accidents with a robotic car than a regular car. 3) I believe that no one is perfect, but I never knew that we would make more errors than robots. I don't think robots will be perfect, but they improve faster than we improve in terms of intelligence. Some robots might make an error that injures a human. According to article, (Should we put robots on trial?), "With most robot-like machines that exist today, any serious problems can be easily traced back to a human somewhere, whether because the machine was used carelessly or because it was intentionally programmed to do harm." I think robots will cure humans of illnesses and injuries faster than doctors about 30 years from now.

1 comment:

  1. I like the articles on the robot controlled cars, but I think that the cars can malfunction horribly. I think eventually that robots can be nearly flawless in the future.

    ReplyDelete