Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ways to prevent bullying

In the last blog post, I talked about cyberbullying and provided an example of what can hurt a victim. There are steps to stop/prevent bullying online and offline. 1) If you are at school or a workplace and a bully walks up to you, calls you names, and insists on making threats, ignore the bully and walk away. 2) If you are online and you feel that you are getting stalked and harassed by the bully, the best thing to do is report it. 3) If you are being physically threatened by a bully whether it is outside, at school, or at a workplace, you should talk to someone you can trust. For example, If a bully pushes you around while you are in class, talk to your teacher. 4) If a bully attempts to beat you up, call the police. Bullies will be prosecuted under the law for assault. 5) If you are aware that there are bullies at your local school and community, it is very important to share this awareness with other people like your friends, teachers, principal, and your local neighborhood. The more you speak up against bullying, the less bullies there will be in this world. I have been bullied in elementary school, junior high, high school, and even up to this time. I was born with Autism, but bullies believe that having a disability is for someone who is inferior. The truth is, it is not for the weak because even with Autism, I grow stronger and smarter everyday. Bullies need to stop picking on victims, start making friends with others, and meet the degree of respect for the community. Respect is when people treat you the way you want to be treated. If you want to meet that respect, wake up and look at yourself at the mirror. After looking at yourself, you must respect yourself for who you are so that others can treat you the way you want to be treated. There are three Rs you want to consider. They are: Respect, Responsibility, and Relationship. If you want to build a relationship with a friend that is very close to you, stop bullying and start taking responsibility for your actions. I had bullies calling me names, teasing me, and attacking my character because I did not take responsibility for my actions. I learned that actions speak more than words, but words can hurt as strong as a fist. If you want to meet the degree of respect for life, you must use your words gently. I learned by speaking my mind on blogs, Facebook, and Twitter. Unfortunately, I deactivated my Facebook account because I have to be extremely cautious. Safety is important online and offline. The only safe place to be if you don't want to deal with bullies is home. You will feel safe if you are with your family, and true friends that open up to you in a positive manner. Those people have unconditional love in their hearts because they show so much respect for you. Unconditional love is something that has been and always will be given to us by God. Use your faith to live a successful life and avoid bullies. Conclusion: Don't let bullies upset you. The bullying should have stopped a long time ago, but it stops RIGHT NOW!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you and you have some good tips to give

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your insight to this issue. Police can not keep up with how fast cyberbullying is occuring.

    ReplyDelete